One Conference 2019
System 1 was invited and attended the One Conference 2019 in the Hague October 1st-3rd, 2019. System 1 foray into international cybersecurity in the European Union in the Hague began approximately 2-3 years before. System 1 is part of the soft-landing program sponsored jointly by the State of Maryland and the Netherlands. The goal of the program was to foster international relationships and business. A picture from the conference is shown below:
The One Conference 2019 team included Hans de Vries, the Director of the National Cyber Security Center and Jos De-Grout, Director Digital Economy at the Minister of Economic Affairs, and Climate Policy. A sampling of the topics included:
- The industrial Cyber Threat Landscape
- Cyber Resilient Cities
- Blended Threats Integration Strategy
- Artificial Intelligence in Cyber Security – Pandora’s Box or Nothing New Under the Sun?
- The Five People You Meet in Cybersecurity Heaven
- Pragmatic Security in the DevOps World
There was an interesting demonstration where doctors demonstrated how a cyber event could impact on people titled: “Digital Disease Where Bits and Bytes Meet Flesh and Blood”.